A lot of people want to know the tech spec of the Enfield, so here are the most accurate Top Trumps facts I can muster of the car, both when original and in Flux Capacitor guise.
ORIGINAL ENFIELD 8000 TECH SPEC
- BODYSHELL: Handbuilt aluminium two-seater
- CHASSIS: Square-section tubular steel space frame
- SUSPENSION: Coil-over McPherson strut front, four-link rear axle
- MOTOR: 8hp / 6kw / 150amps
- WHEELS: 10-inch Mini wheels
- BRAKES: Non servo Hillman Imp drums
- BATTERIES: 8 x 12v 55-amp hour lead acid batteries
- TOP SPEED: 40mph
- PERFORMANCE: Erm. Well, 0-30mph in 12.5 seconds
- RANGE: 35-55 miles, depending on climate and quantity of hills
- WEIGHT: 975kg (a lot for such a midget – over 300kg is batteries)
- LENGTH: A mere 2.84m / 112″ (a Mini was 3.05m / 120″)
- WHEELBASE: Just 1.725m / 68″ (a Mini was 2.04m / 80.3″)
- FUEL: 240v mains Economy Seven
FLUX CAPACITOR ENFIELD 8000 TECH SPEC
BODYSHELL: Restored with new (aluminium) sills and bare metal painted in Lambretta GP ‘Yellow Ochre’ colour by Roadhouse Retro Co, Plastics4Performance
CHASSIS: Custom Webster Race Engineering roll cage (tagged to 9.99) welded to original chassis.
SUSPENSION: AVO adjustable shocks, custom rose-jointed four-link rear suspension with narrowed Ford 9-inch LSD back axle with 6-inch long (!) prop shaft, bolt-on rear wheelie bars, urethane bushes on front A-arms
MOTORS: Twin series-mounted 9-inch DC Current Racing motors with Helwig carbon split brushes, silicone insulation rated for 2000 amps at 170v with a max rpm of 5500rpm. No gearbox. Direct drive.
WHEELS/TYRES: British made Wolfrace slot mag 12×5 fronts with 165/55/12 Yokohamas and 14×7 rear Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial P205/50R14 drag radials.
BRAKES: Bespoke front disc conversion with AP Racing Caterham caliper and CNC machined hub carrier by BG Developments, Ferodo pads, American spec Ford drum brake rear.
BATTERIES: 188 Lithium-ion Kokam military grade ‘pouch’ cells originally used as starter and mini-gun batteries for the Bell SuperCobra helicopter. Built into 4 packs (three under bonnet, one in rear boot area) by Hyperdrive Innovations using Hyperdrive’s own BMS (Battery Management System).
TOP SPEED: 140mph (est)
PERFORMANCE: 1200lb ft+ 800+hp. 0-60 in sub 3 seconds. Quarter-mile in 10 seconds…or less! Personal Best quarter mile of 9.86 secs @ 121mph
RANGE: up to 50 miles (est)
WEIGHT: 920kg excluding driver
FUEL: Manzanita Micro microprocessor mains charger with grid electricity
Bodywork and paint by Roadhouse Retro
Batteries and battery management system by Hyperdrive Innovation
Custom brake conversion by BG Developments
Electric motors, charger and controller unit supplied by Current Racing
Wheels refurbished by Wicked Wheels
Roll cage, back axle and suspension by Webster Race Engineering
Glassfibre bumpers moulded by East Coast Buggies
Lexan windscreen and windows made by Plastics4Performance